Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paper Pointsettias

These 3-D paper pointsettias are so much fun to make...I've been making them for years and am just now getting around to blogging about them! They have been a "favorite" of my 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders each year! This year I decided to give this project as a "free choice" project after they finished their work. I really thought most of the boys would opt out and would do free draw...but I was WRONG! They boys embraced it and desperately wanted to finish them to give them to mom!
First, start out with a 12x18 sheet of green paper. Fold the paper long-ways (hot dog style) and HOLD THE FOLD. Cut the fringe up to the opening of the paper, but don't cut "off" the paper. Do this the entire length of the paper. Then, twist the folded paper into a circle and staple the end so it stays in place. I like to stick my finger inside the folds to puff them out a bit.
Lastly, use red construction paper to cut the flower petals...4 petals per flower. You don't need to put a flower on every single "stem". Use crumbled bits of tissue paper to make the seed/pollen pods.
VOILA! A beautiful Christmas Flower centerpiece! Easy (and fun!!!) too! Happy Holidays from We Heart Art!

1 comment: