Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spectrum/Contour Line Turkeys

Sometimes I succomb to the Holidays. I cannot help it. I saw someone do a variation of this project on their blog and I thought I'd do it with my first graders. THEY (of course) LOVED it! There just isn't time in the "regular" classroom and with a short week next week (I needed some filler lessons) I decided to teach the kids about contour line (tracing the outside of your hand) and spectrum order (putting the "feathers" in rainbow order).
Sure, putting together the bajillion pages of paper this takes for each kid was time-consuming, but the kids squealed when they found out we were making turkeys. It's all worth it, though, right?!

And I mean, what parent wouldn't be delighted with a twist on the obligatory handprint turkey?!
Gobble Gobble!


No comments:

Post a Comment